Monday, October 02, 2006

Cute kids.



I've decided my family grows cute kids. You saw the last picture of Noah with the brownie batter. Cute, right? And then I took these of the G-monster last night. October 1 ... beautiful warm weather here ... Bob and Noah worked on the bike riding (which is getting better but we still are not quite there) and Griffin ran around the yard in his shorts and t-shirt.

And then, around 7:30, I get a phone call - I'm an auntie again! Turner James was born a little after 6 pm. I can't wait to go back and see him. Jackie sent me pictures (poor Jackie can't see Turner yet, because she has strep throat.) And she threw in a bonus shot of my other little adorable nephew, Jackson. Jackson the Alligator, to be specific. See what I mean? Cute kids. :-)

In other news, I am half-way through my portfolio review process at school. If you haven't heard me talk about this yet, I have to pass a portfolio review in order to be accepted into the graphic design major. A portfolio review has 2 parts: first, I have to display 12-15 pieces of my artwork in the student gallery (along with the other applicants). My pieces are assessed by the review panel, and if they are satisfactory, I have to go through an interview process. It is sort of a big deal, because you only get 2 chances. If you don't get accepted by the second time, you are out. I have done well in my classes so I'm not overly worried, but it is a bit of work. I'll try to take a picture of my stuff in the gallery ... it is pretty cool to see all my work on the wall. And my best picture is the one that I gave Mom & Dad for Christmas, so Mom's mantel is pretty bare right now. Anyway ... I passed the display part of the review, and tomorrow (Tuesday) is my interview.

We are also making progress on bathroom/laundry room project. And by "we" I mean Bob, of course. Hee hee! I have not been very good about snapping photos, but in my defense it is a huge huge huge mess in there. We still need to use the laundry, and that is where Callisto goes when she's wet or dirty or has to stay out of our way. So there isn't any way to really pick it up. But the shower walls are up ... the electric is done ... the plumbing is 92.6% done (right, Bob) ... and Bob hasn't decided to divorce me because of my constant nagging.

Have a great week!

No comments: