Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Success.


Remember that portfolio review I was talking about? The one that determined whether I get to be a graphic design major? I passed. Yay! Of course, I felt better about it before I picked up my score sheets today and found out that one of my two faculty reviewers rated my drawing skills as below average. I knew that, but seeing it in print was not the best thing for my ego. Here's a picture of my installed gallery. Each applicant got a taped off space to display their work. I'm so glad it is done!




In other news, I made Griffin and Noah these t-shirts yesterday with a new digital kit I'll be selling on October 15 at twopeasinabucket.com. Noah really really liked making his shirt. He designed it - he picked and chose what to put on the iron on transfer. He liked it so much that I picked up another shirt tonight on my way home from class and we are planning to do another one tomorrow. The second version will be long sleeved and he wants flames on the sleeves. :-) Such a good little designer, that one! Griffin's shirt was harder to capture with a photo ... but the words say: I keep mama busy.






It is supposed to snow here tomorrow. Eek. Glad we got Griffin a winter coat yesterday. For the life of me, I cannot remember or find the coat Noah wore where he was Griffin's size. Guess the basement gremlins got it. Or I gave it away in one of my purging binges (although I rarely get rid of little boys clothes, so I doubt that is it).

3 comments:

Ania said...

Hello! :) Congrats on you passing your design major!! That must feel really wonderful - I'm so looking forward to finish my masters degree myself...been such a long journey :p I'm a bit curious as to how you dropped by my blog, but it was very nice of you to drop a few words :) And hey -- I loved the "I keep my mama busy" quote -- will there be one for mischievous little girls? My son is too nice, but my little girl...jeez....LOL :) Had a look at your layouts down the page, and I really like your style! Cheers, have a nice day :)

Julie said...

Congrats on passing your design major Jen, awesome news!
LOOOOOVE the t-shirts, they look fantastic and flames up the sleeves would be really funky.
take care

becky said...

cute shirts, cute boys too!

congrats on passing the test jen! and good luck on this endeavor!