Sunday, February 22, 2009

She let me take her picture!

Those of you that know Quinners know that she is non-compliant when it comes to cameras. She hates when she sees me pull it out, and usually starts complaining. No amount of bribery will get her to sit still for 4.3 seconds while I fire off some shots.

So tonight I sat down to complete Ruth's Christmas gift (a 10x20 storyboard). Yes, I know Christmas was like 2 months ago. But we wanted to include photos of the twins. And once they got here, taking photos became much more complicated.

Anyway. I sat down to work on the storyboard and get it ordered, and I realized I had no recent photos of Quinn. See paragraph one above. I decided to try to take just a couple of shots, with very low expectations - I was willing to beg and give her suckers.

She was TOTALLY into it. In fact, I was ready to stop and she asked me to keep taking photos. I think the key was taking the pictures about 15 minutes before bed time ... she seemed to realize in that deep, secret part of her brain that if she kept me down in the basement taking photos, I couldn't make her go to bed. My girl is smart like that. :-) The props were her idea. She wanted the flower, and then asked for the chair (she was originally on a black saddle stool, which was much more coordinated with the backdrop. But hey - she let me taker her picture!)



And yes - she got to eat the sucker.



Here's the final storyboard.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Quinn's pics turned out great! The story board is really fun too.