Friday, January 02, 2009

Meet Holden & Maddox



Born 12.31.08. Each boy weighed 7 lb, 3 oz.

We are all doing well. I'm a little sore, since Holden came naturally but Maddox required an emergency c-section. Ouch.

Their full names are Holden Carl (Carl for my grandpa that passed away last summer) and Maddox Darwin (for my other grandpa). We plan on calling Maddox "Max" - any of you that know us know we always nickname the kids. This one will just make sense. :-)

There will obviously be more photos when mama gets more mobile. Until then, here are a few from the hospital.

The other kids are doing well, too. Griffin has decided Max is his favorite (probably because I told him that Max looks like him). Noah thinks that adults find babies too interesting, since all they do is poop and pee and eat and sleep - he does have a point. And Quinn seemed to really notice them today for the first time, which was fun.

They also made it here before Grandma Ruth had to leave to go back to NY - barely. They arrive Wednesday morning and she flew out Thursday afternoon. Like true Lessingers, they cut it close. Hee hee! Grandma and Grandpa T. have met them and are getting in plenty of quality holding time. The extra hands have been a blessing - the birth process took a lot more out of me than I expected.

Have a great new year, everyone!

4 comments:

Bridget =) said...

they are darling! congrats Jen!

Erica Hernandez said...

CONGRATS, Jen!! They are amazing (and BIG - I'm seriously impressed by our endurance :D)

Glad to hear you're all doing well!! Get better fast!

shelby valadez said...

congrats Jen! I saw the new profile picture on Facebook and had to come check out your blog! They are gorgeous and I am so happy for you!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

jen, not sure if you know me or not, but I see you just had twins...I just had twins on the 7th of Dec. as well! Your boys are beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Lindsay